Friday, January 7, 2011

Struggles

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like all of your best efforts are useless? Like no matter how hard you try to do the right thing, you end up doing the wrong thing, say the wrong thing, feel the wrong thing, think the wrong thing?

I've been having alot of those days lately.

It reminds me of Romans 7:19 where Paul talks about not doing the good he wants to do and doing the evil he doesn't want to do. I can relate! I'm sure we've all had times were we feel that way because of our naturally sinful nature.

It is so easy to fall off of the road of following Christ's plan for our lives when we have these days. Our excuses might be "it's too hard" or "it's useless, why try?"

It gives me so much hope during these times to remember that I can't accomplish this "doing the right thing" on my own. It is only through God's direction and power that I will be able to do the things I want to do and not do the things I don't want to do.

I needed that reminder today.

"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment