Monday, January 10, 2011

Obedience

Ughh! My children have been FRUSTRATING me lately!!

It seems like I barely get instructions out of my mouth before they are asking me "what did you want me to do?" "Where did you want me to go?"

I want to scream at them, "If you would just LISTEN to the words that are coming out of my mouth!!" {Chris Rock style}

Today was going that way as usual.

"Girls, please go in the kitchen and unlock the back door"

"Go where?" "our kitchen?" "Do what?" "lock the back door?"

Why can't they just say "yes mam" and do it?!?

I thought I was going to lose it…but then I thought about how often I do that to God.

"Go where God?!?" "Do what?"

I spend so much time asking God to use me, show me his will, tell me what to do, when he has already done that. I know my main purpose is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, I know that He wants me to go and make disciples. So why do I keep asking him

"Go where?" "Do what?"

It's time for me to stop asking God "Why?" and "What's in it for me?" and start saying "yes sir, I'm on my way".

No comments:

Post a Comment