Saturday, January 29, 2011

Love

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while! Just always assume we are crazy busy, you'll be right 99% of the time!! :)

Can I tell you how awesome our God is?!? It's amazing how much He speaks to us when we are actually seeking Him. From the shouts to the quiet whispers, His presence is everywhere all the time, if you stop to look.

That has been one of the greatest blessings of this JOURNEY we are on. We already feel so much closer to our Father, so much closer to each other, and so much more focused on His plan.

A few days ago, I randomly stumbled upon this blog posted on a friends facebook page. I clicked the link and was floored by what I was reading! This amazing girl (I think she is 22 now) started an educational and feeding program for poor and orphaned children in UGANDA (oh yeah, and has adopted 14 girls!)! The things she writes sound verbatim like what Wes has told me for years about how he feels about Africa. This blog and Katie's story have been such a blessing to us and have calmed so many fears that I have about Africa, answered so many questions...it is totally a God thing!

Wes and I have spent every night since I found it, reading aloud and crying our eyes out for these children and their families. Every day we would discuss and issue or a concern about God's plan, and every day God would answer those concerns or issues through a friend, a sermon, our bible reading, or Katie's blog. Even the blog title is "The Journey"! All of the world needs our Savior, but Africa needs Him so blatantly, so obviously. We continue to pray that we can, one day soon, LOVE on these sweet children and teach them the truth (in lugandan AMAZIMA) about God. There are so many of her posts I would recommend you read, but I'll link the first one I read and let you do some exploring on your own! I promise you will be blown away by the work God is doing in Uganda! You can read this post here. Have kleenex at the ready. :)

Katie's posts and her story have a continual theme, loving God's children, all of them. On the last HSBC mission team video we did, I put I John 3:18 at the end, "Dear children, let us not love each other with words or speech, but with actions and in truth." This is truly what Katie does in Uganda and what we hope to one day do there also. But we don't have to wait. There are a BILLION ways we can love God's children where we are. We just need to be reminded sometimes to stop and do it.

Since the day Wes came to me and said, "I think God may want us in Uganda" (which if you know Wes at all was really NOT a surprise!), I've felt like this mission has been Wes'. My purpose would be to love and support him as much as possible, take care of the children and make sure they adjust well, do whatever is needed but mostly in the background. All very noble things, all extremely important things. I feel like our children could also do some amazing service over there and could really change lives…but after reading Katie's blog I've begun to feel like there might be a different mission for me in Uganda. The Lord knows I can loooove me some children! Please pray for us to be open to God's plan for me, Katie Mae, Ashley, Wyatt and Wes, we know He has amazing plans because He tells us so! {Jeremiah 29:11}

Wes and Randy leave for Uganda on Feb. 24th. Please pray for their preparations and all that they need to coordinate before they leave.

I start back to school Feb. 1st. I've very…melancholy?…about starting back. Last time I ended up with a broken foot and in a boot for 8 weeks!! Of course God's timing was perfect with that as well, I just have to be reminded over and over sometimes! I just feel so much is riding on my successful completion of school…please pray for peace about this and that I would remember that I've given it to God. His timing is perfect.

Last week I was able to share our plans with my parents for this first time. I was very nervous about this because I know how much they miss my big sister in San Francisco and aren't super excited about the possibility of my little sister moving away either. This went so well though! They were a little apprehensive but still totally supportive. I know that this is all to God's glory!

Thank you as always for your prayers. We love you all very much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment