Saturday, January 8, 2011

Standing Together

The idea of standing together was made real to me today.

In the midst of catchy phrases like "united we stand, divided we fall" or "one for all and all for one!" the true spirit of standing together with someone in the midst of their struggles is sometimes lost. Instead of a cheesy {but y'all know I LOOOVE cheesy!} overly dramatic idea, the reality is something holy.

"for where two or three are gathered in my name, there I AM with them" NIV MATTHEW 18:20

For the last couple of days I've been going through some major struggles emotionally & physically and on very short notice, today was declared to be the day for them to culminate.

I don't do well with confrontation and am a total people pleaser…though I'm trying really hard to change that into being at God pleaser! :) When people say they are sick with worry, or anxiety, I have a newfound understanding. I was absolutely so anxious about this meeting today that I was angry, upset, and seconds from loosing my lunch in my van!

It might sound silly, but in the midst of this absolutely out of control moment, my current favorite song came on the radio. {HERE IN THIS MOMENT BY BECKAH SHAE, Love it! You can hear it by clicking the link to the right of this post.}

Here in this moment. With. You. Amazing!

I had no idea at the time that Wes had asked you all to pray for me. But I truly felt your prayers.

The meeting went better than I could have ever imagined. I entered it surrounded in peace and left in peace.

You were standing with me. And as we were standing together, Christ was standing with us also.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for standing with me today. Thank you for standing with my family as we travel this journey.

Much love.
The Wilbanks Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment